Betting systems are quite a topic of contention in the gambling community. Some players swear by them, saying that they walk away with winnings more often than not, whereas others think they are another banal attempt to exert control over a game based on random chance. While not all betting systems are worth looking into, stats have shown that some are at the very least likely to help players get to expected win rates more often than not. This is especially true if you choose to play for longer periods.
If you would like to learn more about betting systems, what they are, the different types available, why a self-proclaimed never lose betting system is a lie and how gambler’s fallacy may “influence” results, make sure to stick around. Below we have a good look at all US gamblers who need to know about betting systems. We also provide a list of the best online casino sites to test any betting system you would like to online. So, what are you waiting for?
Best Casinos Sites Online
Betting System vs Betting Strategy
There are many players out there who aren’t exactly sure about the difference between betting systems and betting strategies. Well, truly, the difference really is dependent on the player in question and the definition the player provides the terms. Some players use both terms interchangeably and as a synonym of “gambling strategy”, whereas others believe there are differences between the two
In general, those who view gambling betting systems and strategies differently tend to believe that strategies don’t follow set rules, whereas systems do. Thus, you can alter your strategy, but if you’re following a betting system, you will need to follow specific rules for it to be successful. Such small differences are difficult to explain when one thinks of the fact that many game-specific strategies also require that players strictly stick to a certain playing style.
Overall, we really believe that the terms are used to refer to the same thing and that this is just a semantic-based argument. Some people like using the word “system” and others the word “strategy”. If you are looking to find the top gambling strategy, make sure to have a look at the next two headings.
Progressive Betting Systems
A progressive betting system is a long-term betting strategy that focuses on adjusting your bet based on whether or not you won the previous bet. How the bet is adjusted (up or down) is dependent on whether a positive or negative system is being used. The differences between the two can be summed as follows:
- Positive Progression Betting Systems – players increase their bet size after a win and decrease their bet size after a loss. Examples of betting schemes that follow such principles include the Paroli and Reverse D’Alembert systems.
- Negative Betting Systems – players increase their bet size after a win and decrease their bet size after a win. Examples of gambling betting strategy options in this category include the Martingale and Labouchere betting systems.
In general, we always recommend that players make use of positive betting strategies when gambling online. This is not due to the idea that we think they are casino systems that work, but rather that players tend to risk less money when doing so. A negative progressive betting strategy tends to promote the idea of chasing your losses, which isn’t the best idea when trying to find casino systems that work.
Other Popular Betting Systems
Every player is looking for free betting systems that work or the best betting techniques to ensure that they increase their chances of winning when they play casino games online. Some of the successful betting systems that have proven to be popular with our players include the following:
- Paroli System – a positive progression betting system where players focus on making even money wagers and raise their stake every time they are lucky enough to win. Every time a bet loses, players, drop their betting amount.
- Martingale System – one of the oldest betting systems of all-time; players double their betting stake every time they lose a bet so that when they hit a successful bet they are able to recoup all their losses. The bet promises big wins when you win, but also may lead to players losing a lot of money very quickly.
- D’Alembert System – this negative progressive betting strategy is considered one of the safest and most popular to use. Players focus on making even money bets and then increase their betting stake by a single unit every time they lose, but decrease it again every time they win.
- 1326 System – a positive progressive betting strategy based on the Paroli System. Players bet on even-money betting options and multiply their original stake by the following number if the bet wins. When a player’s bet losses, they go back to placing a bet with their original stake.
- 31 System Betting – another positive progression system that sees players follow a 1-1-1-2-2-4-4-8-8 betting order should they win every bet.
Gambler’s Fallacy Explained
The term gambler’s fallacy is used to refer to the idea that the outcome of a gambling game is somehow influenced by a previous result. While this description may seem a little confusing, maybe an example may be a better way to explain the concept. Imagine you’re playing a game of roulette, and the wheel spins and the ball lands on a black compartment. An instance of gambler’s fallacy would be to believe that the ball cannot land on black on the next spin because it already has.
The reality of the situation is that the previous spin in no way influences the result of the next spin. If the game isn’t rigged, all results should be completely random. So, it may very well land on red, but it also stands an equal chance of landing on black.
While most US players have at some or other time fallen victim to believing in such result patterns, it is important not to allow it to influence your thinking for too long. Thinking in such a way is sure to lead to players making dumb decisions that could have been avoided.
The one thing to note about successful betting strategies is that there is no such thing as no risk betting systems. If there were, every player would be using it, and casinos would cease to exist after going bankrupt. We would also like to warn players against buying winning betting systems online. Anyone who claims to be selling a no-lose betting system is surely trying to scam poor patrons.
Check out these other great gambling guides: