Online casino tournaments are the most proven way that players get to win big playing their favorite casino games. A lot of gamblers have won massive jackpots taking part in a competition where several players contribute to the overall pull prize. In this context, you compete not only against the casino dealer but every player that takes part in the series.
The most popular casino tournaments online for US players are slots tournaments, taking place for a specified period of time. Players can also test their skill against the wits of other professional gamblers with a range of table game options like blackjack, video poker tournaments, and many others. The pool prize for these games can reach up to tens and thousands of dollars. The buy-in at top casinos we recommend can be anything from free entry to $25. The betting stakes are affordable for beginners and high rollers alike.
Online Casino Tournaments for US Players
How Online Casino Tournaments Work
There are two ways to take part in casino tournaments online, freeroll and buy-in games.
- Freeroll Tournaments: online casinos provide players with free chips and free play credit to play the latest casino games. They get a chance to test the software, how the game is played, and discover how long they need to play to win the jackpot prize. With no deposit required, players are able to take risks that they wouldn’t necessarily take.
- Buy-in Tournaments: Top casino sites promote weekly and monthly tournaments where players pay a standard buy-in to take part in the tournament. Some pool prizes are determined by the number of players that enter the tournament while others have a capped jackpot prize. What separates this tournament is that players have unlimited chances to re-enter the tournament if they pay a fee to play after losing their hand.
The most interesting thing about casino tournaments is that they bring the social aspect of gambling on the internet into life. Playing live tournaments online can be a great way to improve your skills in gambling and winning loads of cash prizes.
Types of Casino Tournaments
There are several types of casino tournaments online, tailor-made for the level of gambler that each player can handle. The most popular options include:
- High Roller tournaments: as the name implies, there are special tournaments for big whales that make large bets, and the jackpot prizes seldom reach million-dollars at a time.
- Knockout tournaments: these are generally casino card games such as blackjack and poker; where gamblers verse each other to eliminate the other. The whole premise of this tournament is to identify the last man standing who will take home the prize.
- Time-based tournaments: mostly found in slot games, this tournament has a time limit in which the winner is determined by the number of points they rack up in that period.
- Invite Only tournaments: these are exclusive tournament events in which you need an invitation from the casino to join. Typically reserved for VIP members as one of the benefits of being part of the rewards program.
Casino Tournament Online FAQs
What online casinos have free tournaments?
Here’s our top 10 list of casinos that offer free casino tournaments online:
- Intertops Casino
- SlotoCash Casino
- BetChain Casino
- Jackpot City
- 888 Casino
- BitStarz Casino
- King Billy Casino
- VideoSlots Casino
- Drake Casino
How do slot tournaments work?
Slot tournaments do not involve direct competition between other players in the gameplay. Top casinos promote these tournaments on a weekly or monthly basis for certain games and every player that plays the game contributes to the pool prize. The rules for the tournament state that a gambler with the most points after the time lapses wins the tournament.
How do you get invited to slot tournaments?
Players get invited to take part in a casino tournament depending on the frequency of playing and the amount of money they bet when gambling. This format improves its membership in a tier reward program that will provide exclusive VIP tournaments on a weekly or monthly basis.
Are casino slot tournaments rigged?
No, slot tournaments at top casinos are not rigged because they are tested by a reputable third-party for randomness and fairness.
How do you win at slot tournaments?
The ultimate goal in a slot tournament is to have the most points or coins than any other player taking part in the tournament. After the time lapses, the casino will tally up the points to determine the winner of the jackpot prize.
How much does it cost to enter a slot tournament?
It depends on the type of tournament you are playing. The minimum buy-in can be as little as $0.05, and the max can be $25. High rollers can enter a tournament with more than that amount and play for bigger stakes.