Online blackjack can offer the same thrill it can when you play it in a land-based casino, and players who exercise good strategy, money management, and some judgement will get some fun out of the game. Anyone looking to add a little more spice to their game can find a number of versions of the game to enjoy. Online blackjack is a terrific game that represents a confrontation of sorts between the player and the house. And there is no wonder that it has a great following in land-based casinos everywhere. The principles behind the game are pretty easy to understand – get the hand value of 21. It is also a game that, in many ways, contains equal parts skill and will.
When you’re in a land-based casino, the game is semi-social. When you are playing blackjack online at the best online casinos USA, it is usually a heads-up situation where you are competing against the random number generator (RNG) or the house. Furthermore, in an online game, you can usually play multiple hands at once. Because of the computer program at work, the online blackjack game experiences a random shuffle after every round, which is different to playing at the land-based casino.
Let’s take a look at how online blackjack works.
Best Online Blackjack Casinos in the United States
What you’ll find in this online blackjack guide:
- Finding the Best USA Online Blackjack for Real Money
- How to Play Blackjack Online Real Money USA
- Online Blackjack Variations
- Blackjack Online Card Values
- Online Blackjack Top Tips & Strategies
- Blackjack History USA
When it comes to looking for the best online blackjack real money casino games, there are a few criteria we keep in mind. The number one thing we check is if the site is registered and licensed with a gaming commission. Use these to help you find the best blackjack online for yourself.
Generous Welcome Bonuses and Promotions
Most casino sites will have welcome bonuses to encourage players to sign up with them. Also, they will have bonuses for playing real money blackjack online games. These are for both new and returning players.
When signing up and playing at an internet casino, you’re entrusting your personal information to the site. Good casino sites know this and therefore use the best industry standard encryption technology. We also check if the blackjack gambling games are fair and regularly audited.
Blackjack Online Mobile Gaming
With the growth of mobile gaming, casinos online are adapting their platforms to work on mobile devices. So, whether you’re playing on a phone or tablet, it’s important for US players to have access to the best online blackjack mobile versions.
Blackjack Game Variety
Since blackjack is one of the most popular casino games online, there should be a variety of the virtual version of this game. Look out of sites that a selection of a wide variation of blackjack 21 online. Furthermore, the best USA casinos have live dealer blackjack online. This gives US players the live casino experience in the comfort of their homes or on the road.
Lastly, it’s important to check how quickly a casino pays out your USD winnings after a game. We check that the longest a site take to payout is up to seven working days. Any longer and the casino isn’t worth your time.
Learning how to play online blackjack is fundamental for any US player looking to make real money off the game. Playing blackjack 21 online requires a mix of luck, strategy, and concentration. Firstly, the aim of the game is to get as close to 21 as possible before the dealer. Since you’ll be playing online, there aren’t any other players there with you. Let’s take a look as the basic steps below:
- The dealer (computer) gives out two cards, to you and themselves.
- Then, one of the dealer’s cards – the up card – is turned face up; the face down card is the hole card.
- Once you’ve looked at your cards and compared them to the dealer’s up card, you can decide to either:
- Stand: if you’re happy with your hand, you can choose not to take anymore cards.
- Hit: this is asking for more cards until you’ve reached 21 or over (gone bust).
- Double down: if you’re very confident with your hand, double your bet and take one more card only.
- Surrender: this move is used if you feel as if you’ve got a losing hand. You’ll lose half the bet amount and can only be used played on your first two cards and not after you hit.
- Split: use this action to split two cards of the same value, making a hand that doubles your bet.
Regardless of the casino software supplier and site, you’ll see multiple variations of blackjack. The graphics used in online blackjack games are so well-executed that you’ll be looking at a layout that isn’t much different than what you’ll find at a “real” blackjack table. In terms of the setup of the game itself, if you are playing a variation at most USA casinos online, the rules will be very easy to find and read. Let’s take a look at the popular real money blackjack online variations you’ll find.
- Atlantic City blackjack: this blackjack online game hails from the tables of Atlantic City. Its rules differ slightly to the traditional online blackjack version. For instance, the dealer can stand at 17 and check their cards to see if they have 21. Players can also split their card up to three times.
- Blackjack Surrender: it’s very similar to standard real money blackjack but has one core difference – players can surrender only after the first two cards are dealt. Hereafter, the player recovers half of their bet.
- Blackjack Switch: this version of online blackjack has you playing two hands simultaneously. Furthermore, after the first four cards are dealt, there is an option to switch the top cards between each hand to improve it.
- European blackjack: this variation uses two decks of cards and doesn’t have a hole card. Additionally, there is no doubling down in this real money casino game. They can only double down if their hand is a 9, 10, or 11. Whereas in American blackjack you can double down whenever you want.
- Live blackjack: bringing the live casino experience to you, real money live blackjack online is played in real time using video streaming to give you a view of the table. Players communicate with the dealer (and other players) through the digital interface on the online casino’s platform.
Furthermore, there are other real blackjack online games available to US players like:
- Perfect Pairs
- Double Exposure
- Face-Up 21
- Vegas Strip blackjack
- Spanish 21 and more.
Check out what each card in online blackjack is means:
- Numbered Cards 2 to 9: have the same value as their number.
- Face Cards Jack, Queen, and King: each of their value is 10.
- Ace: dependent on the players, its value is either 1 or 11.
Best Online Blackjack Hand
There are three best blackjack hands a player could have in a game. They are:
- Top no. 1 Hand: the best hand US players could get is a blackjack. This is when you make up exactly 21 with your first two cards.
- 2nd Best Hand: this is a hand that makes up 21 with more than two cards.
- 3rd Best Hand: any other hand that equals 21 and beats the dealer’s third best hand.
Because of its immense popularity as a not only a casino game, there are many tips and strategies for winning at blackjack out there. Firstly, let’s take a look at the most popular blackjack betting systems. Use these to formulate your online blackjack strategy.
|Fibonacci||Uses the 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144. Each number acts as a betting unit. Choose a base unit and move up when you lose and down when you win.||Negative|
|Martingale||Double your bet when you lose and bet your base stake when you win.||Negative|
|D’Alembert||Set a base bet and use that when you wager. If you lose, increase the bet by one unit; win and you decrease the bet by one unit.||Negative|
|Parlay||Double your set base bet when you win. Bet the base bet when you lose.||Progressive|
|Paroli||Increase your bet by two if you win and go back to you base be after three wins.||Progressive|
Blackjack Online Gambling Tips
- Memorizing the rules and card values will make you a more skilled player that’s able to quickly make decisions.
- Rather focus on beating the dealer than getting 21.
- Factor in the dealer’s up card into any play decision.
- Generally, always hit on a hard eight or less.
- On the other hand, always split Aces and two eights.
- If you don’t want to double down, stand on 18.
- Furthermore, if the dealer’s card shows seven or less, stand on a 17.
- Hit if your hand is between 12 and 16, and if the dealer has seven or higher.
- Set a limit on your bankroll and stick with it. Remember to never spend more than 10% of your bankroll on a bet.
- Finally, never play while intoxicated as it impedes your judgement.
Online blackjack offers you the convenience of being able to finding the game you want when you want it. Just take a look at them, download the game, make the adjustments to size, speed and sound, and click “Deal.” You’ll be prompted to Hit, Stand, Double or Split, and the rest is as easy as it could be.
To learn about the Blackjack Basic Strategy, a popular method for fans of blackjack, check out the guide below.
The first written reference to blackjack was found in a 1601 book by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes. Back then it was known as twenty-one, and a character in Cervantes’ book was good at cheating at veintiuna (Spanish for twenty-one).
Finally, when twenty-one was introduced to America, it had bonus payouts to attract players. It adopted the name blackjack after a hand in the game. Over the decades, blackjack has drawn the intrigue of mathematicians. They were trying to come up with optimal blackjack strategies. One such was unveiled in 1956 when a paper titled The Optimum Strategy in Blackjack which is now the foundation of all sound efforts to beat the game.
Check out our other casino games guides: