Online roulette is a game of chance that Americans enjoy playing for fun. It requires you to wager on a series of numbers on the roulette table, with the hopes of the white ball landing on it. Furthermore, everyone has some idea of what a roulette wheel looks like, with pockets colored in red, black, and green.
It has numbers from one through to 36, along with a zero and/or double zero depending on which version you’re playing. Our guide recommends US players to play roulette online games for free to understand how it works.
Real money roulette online is often available in two formats – as an automated virtual game where you play against a random number generator (RNG). Or, in a live-dealer version where you play against an actual croupier via live-streaming. Either way, you choose to play online roulette for real money at a popular casino site to win big today.
So, pick your favorite casino site for US players, sign up, and start playing today. Read to find out more about how to play roulette online in the US.
Best Online Roulette Gambling Sites
Latest Roulette News
[display-posts image_size=”thumbnail” wrapper=”div” wrapper_class=”display-posts-listing image-left” include_date=”true” include_time=”true” date_format=”F j, Y” category=”roulette” include_author=”true”]
Roulette Online – How We Rate the Best Online Roulette
New players tend to be intimidated by roulette online gambling, especially the digital version that uses an RNG. Casino software designers produce roulette games online with a layout that looks very much like the layout you’d find at a “real” USA casino. Furthermore, the wheel spins just as it would in a physical casino as well. The ball will land in a slot and that determines whether you win or not depending on what your bets are.
Honest Review Process
Let’s take a look at what US players can expect from our top online roulette websites:
- Online Roulette Signup Bonuses: With the number of casino sites vying for your patronage, most offer generous welcome bonuses to catch your attention. Our top-rated USA sites offer massive promotions and bonuses for the roulette table.
- Safe and Secure Roulette Sites: we only recommend USA casinos that use the latest SSL encryption technology. This means that third parties can’t steal and use your personal information. As it goes with fair gaming, games from top licensed casinos use RNGs to ensure that the roulette outcomes are always random.
- Play Free Roulette or Real Money Roulette: you’ll find digital roulette games in two modes – free demo mode and real money mode. It’s recommended that you try the free roulette games first to test the gameplay. Also, you can use it to practice playing roulette online. Once you’re confident with your skills, make a deposit into your casino account and play the game to win some USD.
- Best Online Roulette Software: expect to find roulette games developed by industry leaders in casino games software at our top casino sites. They feature roulette titles by top companies like Realtime Gaming (RTG), BetSoft, Playtech, and NetEnt among others. These have high-quality graphics, fast gameplay, and great sound design. They are also regularly tested to ensure fairness.
- Top Roulette Odds: US casinos will offer roulette games with competitive payout percentages, return to player (RTP) rates, and take as small a cut as possible from your bet. Doing this gives the player better odds.
- Mobile Roulette Gaming: Our recommended US roulette casinos have made their sites compatible with most mobile devices, enabling easy access through their web browser. On the other hand, some have created dedicated casino apps that you can download.
How to Play Roulette Online for Money
New players should read our guide for steps to learn how you play roulette like a pro. You need to find the best online roulette system to win regularly. This is why we’ve compiled this all-inclusive guide. Most gamblers surf the web trying to learn how to cheat online casino roulette but come up short.
Go through our guide and follow our easy step-by-step tutorial:
- Step 1: Navigate to the games lobby of the casino and select the roulette game you want to play.
- Step 2: Select either free demo mode or real money mode. The gameplay will be the same. However, the only difference is that you win money in real money mode.
- Step 3: Set the chip size that you want to bet with. This is an indicator of the amount of US dollars you want to bet with every time you play.
- Step 4: Click on the table layout to place your bet. There are various bet types you can select and we’ll explore them below.
- Step 5: Then click on the “Spin” button once you’ve placed your bets. The dealer – also known as the croupier – which is the computer software spins the wheel and the ball drop in.
- Step 6: The wheel stops and the ball will land in a pocket. If it falls into the correct spot, your bet wins.
- Step 7: Here you collect your winnings and you can then begin again at Step 3.
Interested in learning how to play roulette? Use our roulette guide to learn how to win money on roulette online.
Real Money Roulette Online
Knowing which bet to go for is an important part of playing roulette. Whether you’re playing a free roulette game or real money roulette online, it’s important to know which bets payout more. Let’s take a look at the different bets you’ll find on an online roulette table and what the roulette odds of winning are.
Free Roulette Table & How to Place Your Bet
- Straight Up: placing a bet on a single number.
- Split: betting on two numbers.
- Street: placing a bet on three numbers in a row.
- Corners: bet covers four numbers.
- Basket: a bet that covers 1, 2, 3, and both zeros (on an American roulette wheel).
- Line: covers six numbers in two rows.
- Column: placing a bet that covers the row with 12 numbers.
- Dozen: placing a bet on the first 12 numbers.
- Low Number: bet covers the numbers between 1 and 18.
- High Number: this bet covers the numbers between 19 and 36.
- Red/Black: covers either red or black numbers.
Roulette Online Real Money Odds
Note that these roulette odds are for American roulette.
|Numbers to Bet on||Odds||Payout|
|0, 00, or and single number||37:1||35:1|
|0 and 00, or any two adjacent numbers||18:1||17:1|
|Any three numbers||1.557:1||11:1|
|Any four numbers in a block||8.5:1||8:1|
|0, 00, 1, 2, and 3||5.33:1||6:1|
|Column bet, dozen bet||2.157:1||2:1|
|Odd, even, red, black, 1 to 18, 19 to 36||1.111:1||1:1|
Looking at the odds, you’re more likely to win a bet if you wager on a single number than winning 18 numbers.
Free Online Roulette for Fun | Roulette Online Practice
There are several US casinos that provide free roulette games for players to practice their skills. You can either play roulette for free online on the platform that has a simulated table and wheel to show you what to expect online. It is basically similar to real roulette, just taking place on the digital platform. Our recommended betting sites allow players to play free online roulette games win you real money games.
Here, you use roulette bonus codes to access the reward and spin the wheel with no deposit required. Choose the free play option until you are confident with your understanding of roulette rules. Once that happens, play real money online roulette and win today.
Types of Roulette Variations
There are a number of versions of the online roulette for real money games that are found at most casino sites in the United States. Let’s take a look at the game selection for gamblers that want to play roulette online
Free American Roulette Online
In the American version of online roulette, the wheel has both a zero and a double-zero pocket. Therefore, this makes the roulette odds of winning lower and increases the house edge. When you play American roulette online for money, these are the odds that you face:
- The chance of each of the numbers from one to 36 coming out on a spin of the wheel is lower.
- Numbers have less of a chance of appearing and, as a result, wagers in this game (whether they are individual numbers or “even money” bets) are going to be less of a value to the player.
- Also, comparatively, American roulette has a higher house edge. It’s at 7.89% compared to European roulette which has a 2.70% house edge.
Free European Roulette and French Roulette Free Online
In the European version of online roulette, the wheel only has only a single zero pocket. The French version also has the same layout but the gameplay is slightly different. Additionally, with European roulette:
- There’s a higher chance of landing on a number because there’s only one zero pocket.
- Wagers on individual numbers or “even money” bets are worth pursuing.
- The house edge is lower at 2.70% while American roulette’s house edge is at 7.89%.
Real Money 3D Roulette
The only difference between normal online roulette and 3D roulette is that the 3D version is fully immersive. Software developers of this version use the highest quality graphics to create a 3D internet casino game that’s very realistic. US players can find both the American roulette wheel and the European roulette.
Mini roulette is a great casino table game to start off on if you’re new to playing roulette. As the name suggests, the game is a smaller compact version of the game. In mini roulette you get:
- Only 12 numbers to choose from as opposed to the traditional 36. Additionally, there’s a single zero.
- If you lose your bet to the zero pocket, you get half your bet back.
- The probability of winning money is much lower compared to other versions.
Real Money Live Roulette Online
This version of online roulette gives players the real-life casino experience from the comfort of their own homes. How live dealer roulette works is that the US player uses a digital interface to place bets and chat to the croupier. The dealer running the game, along with the roulette wheel, is being live-streamed.
Mobile Casino Roulette App
With the rapid advancement of technology, you can play live games online for real money on your mobile device. Using HTML5 technology, software developers design games for roulette sites that allow US players to download the app on their smartphones and tablets. Mobile roulette is not dissimilar to the game on your desktop PC.
You can find the best roulette app that has the same graphic display like the one on the computer. The roulette game is optimized to fit on the smaller screen without changing much of the game. Choose a roulette app that is mobile friendly to the operating system on your device. You can find roulette apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad devices, Blackberry, and Windows Phones.
Best Roulette Strategies for US Players
Although online roulette is a game of chance, there are a few popular strategies players can use to increase their odds. Some are good for high rollers; others are designed to shield you from making very risky moves. We’ll take a brief look at some of the best strategies for playing roulette, known as roulette systems.
- D’Alembert System: known as a negative progression system, you double your bet whenever you lose until you win. However, you bet on even money bets and keep the bets the same as long as you are winning.
- Fibonacci System: this roulette strategy uses the mathematical sequence it’s named after. It is a favorite with experienced roulette players. The Fibonacci system, once you remember the sequence, is easy to use. Using the sequence when playing online roulette, each number represents betting units i.e. the amount of USD you’re betting.
- Labouchere System: this is a less aggressive version of the Martingale system. However, it’s still a complicated strategy because of its rules. It involves quite a bit of math where you set a goal, divide it into a series of smaller numbers that add up to that goal.
- Martingale System: this is one of the oldest and well-known strategies. It basically involves you doubling your bet every time you lose. Therefore, the reasoning goes, when you eventually win, you’ll recover all the money you’ve previously lost along with some profit off the original bet. However, this is one of those systems that need US players to have a very large bankroll.
- Paroli System: this is known as a positive progression system where you double your bet after every win (vs. doubling when you lose). It’s easy to learn and simple to use. US players double their bets if they win until they achieve three consecutive wins.
Best Way to Win at Roulette
Here are some top tips for online roulette USA players to improve your chances of winning. These will help you with having the best experience playing this internet casino game.
- Don’t bet more than your bankroll can handle. Smart money management will keep you playing longer. The golden rule here is that you shouldn’t spend more than 10% of your bankroll on a bet.
- Try going for the European and French roulette option if it’s available. This one has the lowest house edge and increased odds of winning because it doesn’t have the additional double-zero pocket.
- Learn the table layout and where the bets are placed. If you’re unfamiliar with them, play free online roulette to learn without losing any money.
- Avoid certain roulette strategies like the Martingale system which require players to chase their losses. You’ll end up losing more money at the end of the day.
Online Roulette Real Money FAQs
No, online roulette is not rigged. Licenses and regulate casino sites are consistently audited and their games are tested for fairness. They also make use of random number generators (RNG) to run the virtual online roulette games for money. This makes sure that the outcomes are completely randomized.
Yes, playing roulette online is legal in the USA. American players can play at both offshore real money casino sites and online casinos in the United States that are certified to offer the gambling option.
Yes, roulette has a number of strategies that work. While they may help you increase your odds of winning, a win isn’t guaranteed.
Firstly, you must practice playing the game. This can be done by playing free online roulette. Try out different strategies and roulette bets until you find one that you’re comfortable with. Then, when you’re ready, switch to real money online roulette mode to start winning some US$.
You’ll need a computer or mobile device and a stable internet connection. If you’re planning on playing for real money, then you’ll need to select a deposit method so you can put money into your casino account.
The best roulette bet is placing the roulette chips on red or black. Despite having low payout odds, you generally make a safe bet where the odds of winnings are split between 18 numbers.
Check out our guides on other casino games: