Online roulette is a simple game at its very essence. It requires you to wager on a number, or series of numbers, with the hopes of appearing as the result from the spinning of a wheel. Everyone has some sense of what a roulette wheel looks like, whether from the movies, internet, or at a land-based casino. It’s got numbers from one through to 36, along with a zero and/or double zero depending on which version you’re playing.
Roulette online is often available in two formats – as an automated virtual game where you play against a random number generator (RNG). Or, in a live-dealer version where you play against an actual croupier via live-streaming. Either way you choose to play, online roulette is a popular table game at casino sites that requires skill and a bit of luck. So, pick your favorite casino site for USA players, login or sign up, and get that wheel spinning.
Best US Online Roulette Casino Sites
Below is a listing of casinos we’ve reviewed and ranked as being the best and most trustworthy sites to play at. Each of these casinos is powered by software provided by highly acclaimed software providers.
What you’ll find in this roulette online guide:
There’s a certain image about roulette that has been embedded in the minds of some people. There is nothing about the atmosphere surrounding an online roulette game that should make any player feel intimidated or uncomfortable. When you look at the roulette games online that are produced by casino software designers, the layout looks very much like the layout you’d encounter at a “real” casino. The wheel spins just as it would in a physical casino as well. The ball will land in a slot, and that’s the result that is going to determine whether you’re a winner or not.
Here are a few advantages to playing the computer generated RNG version:
- If you’re new to the game of online roulette, you can practice your skills in the free demo mode. Players can set the pace of the game, taking their time to understand what each bet means and whether they should make it.
- Alternatively, those US roulette enthusiasts can play for real money and still enjoy a game they’re dictating. So, if you’re looking for a change of pace, there’s no need to worry about keeping up with the other players around the table.
Many of the US casino sites you can play at make playing roulette online a very convenient experience. You can create your own atmosphere, with genuine sounds of the spinning of the wheel. Furthermore, you’ll also be able to keep track of the numbers where the roulette ball has landed. Some US players tend to like this, since it helps them decide which numbers to play next.
There are two versions of this game that are found at most online casinos – the American version and the European version. Let’s take a look at them below.
There is one major difference between the two. In the American version of online roulette, the wheel has both a zero and a double-zero. Therefore, this means that the outcomes between the two versions are significant.
- The chance of each of the numbers from one to 36 coming out on a spin of the wheel is going to be different.
- Numbers have less of a chance of appearing and, as a result, wagers in this game (whether they are individual numbers or “even money” bets) are going to be less of a value to the player.
- Also, comparatively, American roulette has a higher house edge. It’s at 7.89% compared to European roulette which has a 2.70% house edge.
In the European version the wheel has only the single zero. The other differences between European online roulette and American roulette are:
- There’s a higher chance of landing on a number because there’s only one zero pocket.
- Wagers on individual numbers or “even money” bets are worth pursuing.
- The house edge is lower at 2.70% while American roulette’s house edge is at 7.89%.
By the way, individual numbers on the wheel pay off at 35-to-1. Many of the other bets, as we mentioned, pay off at even money. Included in this even money group are the bets that are made between the Even or Odd numbers, the Red or Black, and the High or low.
You can also make a Street Bet in which you are going to take three numbers across a horizontal row and cover all of them with your wager. Therefore, it follows that a “Double Street Bet” can cover two rows at once. The Street Bet pays off at 11-to-1, while the Double Street Bet is a 5-to-1 payout.
All the bets, once you learn what they are, do not present much of a problem to master. Just remember that online roulette isn’t the type of game where you are going to extract a long-term advantage over the house or even much of a chance to reduce the built-in edge. If you’re looking for longshot payouts, however, there is a thrill involved if you hit one.
Check out our guides on other casino games: