Online roulette is a game of chance that Americans like to play for fun and real money. Playing roulette online is very simple and exciting. The player bets on a series of numbers on the roulette table, hoping that the little white ball lands on the numbers you wagered on.
With our guide, American players grasp the opportunity to play online roulette games for free to learn the simple rules before playing for real money. So, choose the best online roulette casinos, sign up and start playing today. Read to learn more about how to play online roulette in the United States.
Top US Online Roulette Casinos for 2023
Latest Roulette News
How We Review Roulette Online Best Casinos in USA
New players tend to be intimidated by roulette online gambling, especially the digital version that uses an RNG. Casino software designers produce roulette games online with a layout that looks very much like the layout you’d find at a “real” USA casino. Furthermore, the wheel spins just as it would in a physical casino as well. The ball will land in a slot and that determines whether you win or not depending on what your bets are. Let’s take a look at what US players can expect from our top online roulette websites:
Online Roulette Signup Bonuses
With the number of casino sites vying for your patronage, most offer generous welcome bonuses to catch your attention. Our top-rated USA sites offer massive promotions and bonuses for the roulette table.
Safe and Secure Roulette Sites
We only recommend USA casinos that use the latest SSL encryption technology. This means that third parties can’t steal and use your personal information. As it goes with fair gaming, games from top licensed casinos use RNGs to ensure that the roulette outcomes are always random.
Play Free Roulette or Real Money Roulette
You’ll find digital roulette games in two modes – free demo mode and real money mode. It’s recommended that you try the free roulette games first to test the gameplay. Also, you can use it to practice playing roulette online. Once you’re confident with your skills, make a deposit into your casino account and play the game to win some USD.
Best Online Roulette Software
US players can expect to find roulette games developed by industry leaders in casino games software at our top casino sites. They feature roulette titles by top companies like Realtime Gaming (RTG), BetSoft, Playtech, and NetEnt among others. These have high-quality graphics, fast gameplay, and great sound design. They are also regularly tested to ensure fairness.
Top Roulette Odds
US casinos will offer roulette games with competitive payout percentages, return to player (RTP) rates, and take as small a cut as possible from your bet. Doing this gives the player better odds.
Mobile Roulette Gaming
Our recommended US roulette casinos have made their sites compatible with most mobile devices, enabling easy access through their web browser. On the other hand, some have created dedicated casino apps that you can download.
How to Play Roulette Online for Money
New players should read our guide for steps to learn how you play roulette like a pro. You need to find the best online roulette system to win regularly. This is why we've compiled this all-inclusive guide. Most gamblers surf the web trying to learn how to cheat online casino roulette but come up short.Go through our guide and follow our easy step-by-step tutorial:
- Navigate to the games lobby of the casino and select the roulette game you want to play.
- Select either free demo mode or real money mode. The gameplay will be the same. However, the only difference is that you win money in real money mode.
- Set the chip size that you want to bet with. This is an indicator of the amount of US dollars you want to bet with every time you play.
- Click on the table layout to place your bet. There are various bet types you can select and we’ll explore them below.
- Then click on the “Spin” button once you’ve placed your bets. The dealer – also known as the croupier – which is the computer software spins the wheel and the ball drop in.
- The wheel stops and the ball will land in a pocket. If it falls into the correct spot, your bet wins.
- Here you collect your winnings and you can then begin again at Step 3.
Interested in learning how to play roulette? Use our roulette guide to learn how to win money on roulette online.
Real Money Roulette Online
Knowing which bet to go for is an important part of playing roulette. Whether you’re playing a free roulette game or real money roulette online, it’s important to know which bets payout more. Let’s take a look at the different bets you’ll find on an online roulette table and what the roulette odds of winning are.
Different types of bet
- Straight Up: placing a bet on a single number.
- Split: betting on two numbers.
- Street: placing a bet on three numbers in a row.
- Corners: bet covers four numbers.
- Basket: a bet that covers 1, 2, 3, and both zeros (on an American roulette wheel).
- Line: covers six numbers in two rows.
- Column: placing a bet that covers the row with 12 numbers.
- Dozen: placing a bet on the first 12 numbers.
- Low Number: bet covers the numbers between 1 and 18.
- High Number: this bet covers the numbers between 19 and 36.
- Red/Black: covers either red or black numbers.
Roulette Online Real Money Odds
Note that these roulette odds are for American roulette.
|Numbers to Bet on||Odds||Payout|
|0, 00, or and single number||37:1||35:1|
|0 and 00, or any two adjacent numbers||18:1||17:1|
|Any three numbers||1.557:1||11:1|
|Any four numbers in a block||8.5:1||8:1|
|0, 00, 1, 2, and 3||5.33:1||6:1|
|Column bet, dozen bet||2.157:1||2:1|
|Odd, even, red, black, 1 to 18, 19 to 36||1.111:1||1:1|
Looking at the odds, you’re more likely to win a bet if you wager on a single number than winning 18 numbers.
Play Online Roulette For Free
There are several US casinos that provide free roulette games for players to practice their skills. You can either play roulette for free online on the platform that has a simulated table and wheel to show you what to expect online. It is basically similar to real roulette, just taking place on the digital platform. Our recommended betting sites allow players to play free online roulette games win you real money games.
Here, you use roulette bonus codes to access the reward and spin the wheel with no deposit required. Choose the free play option until you are confident with your understanding of roulette rules. Once that happens, play real money online roulette and win today.
Popular Online Roulette Variations
There are a number of versions of the online roulette for real money games that are found at most casino sites in the United States. Let’s take a look at the game selection for gamblers that want to play roulette online
Free American Roulette Online
American Roulette has both a zero and a double-zero pocket. Therefore, this lowers the roulette odds of winning and increases the house edge to 5,26%. The chance of each of the numbers from one to 36 coming out on a spin of the wheel is lower, but this roulette variation is the favorite of all US players.
European Roulette is the most popular version, with its inescapable house edge of 2.7%. It offers a standard wheel numbered from 1 to 36 with a single zero slot. Place your bets on one or more numbers, colors, and so on.
French Roulette can be compared to European Roulette, offering a house edge of 1.35%. This variant of roulette offers two special rules:
- Le Partage: If zero is the winning number, players get half of their bet back in the event of a loss if wagering on an outside bet.
- En Prison: Players get all their stakes back if they wager on an even bet if the ball lands on zero.
The only difference between normal online roulette and 3D roulette is that the 3D version is fully immersive. Software developers of this version use the highest quality graphics to create a 3D internet casino game that’s very realistic. US players can find both the American roulette wheel and the European roulette.
Mini roulette is a great casino table game to start off on if you’re new to playing roulette. As the name suggests, the game is a smaller compact version of the game. In mini roulette you get:
- Only 12 numbers to choose from as opposed to the traditional 36. Additionally, there’s a single zero.
- If you lose your bet to the zero pocket, you get half your bet back.
- The probability of winning money is much lower compared to other versions.
Multi Wheel Roulette
Multi Wheel Roulette is completely different from all variations of roulette. This version is based on European roulette, offering up to eight roulette wheels at a time and a single betting table. All bets apply to all roulette wheels offering more chances of winning.
Multi Ball Roulette
Multi Ball Roulette is a very unusual version of the Roulette game. This version features a wheel based on European roulette and is available with different amounts of balls. US players bet on the betting table, and all the balls are thrown simultaneously.
This version of online roulette gives players the real-life casino experience from the comfort of their own homes. How live dealer roulette works is that the US player uses a digital interface to place bets and chat to the croupier. The dealer running the game, along with the roulette wheel, is being live-streamed.
Mobile Casino Roulette App
With the rapid advancement of technology, you can play live games online for real money on your mobile device. Using HTML5 technology, software developers design games for roulette sites that allow US players to download the app on their smartphones and tablets. Mobile roulette is not dissimilar to the game on your desktop PC.
You can find the best roulette app that has the same graphic display like the one on the computer. The roulette game is optimized to fit on the smaller screen without changing much of the game. Choose a roulette app that is mobile friendly to the operating system on your device. You can find roulette apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad devices, Blackberry, and Windows Phones.
Best Roulette Strategies for US Players
Although online roulette is a game of chance, there are a few popular strategies players can use to increase their odds. Some are good for high rollers; others are designed to shield you from making very risky moves. We’ll take a brief look at some of the best strategies for playing roulette, known as roulette systems.
- D’Alembert System: known as a negative progression system, you double your bet whenever you lose until you win. However, you bet on even money bets and keep the bets the same as long as you are winning.
- Fibonacci System: this roulette strategy uses the mathematical sequence it’s named after. It is a favorite with experienced roulette players. The Fibonacci system, once you remember the sequence, is easy to use. Using the sequence when playing online roulette, each number represents betting units i.e. the amount of USD you’re betting.
- Labouchere System: this is a less aggressive version of the Martingale system. However, it’s still a complicated strategy because of its rules. It involves quite a bit of math where you set a goal, divide it into a series of smaller numbers that add up to that goal.
- Martingale System: this is one of the oldest and well-known strategies. It basically involves you doubling your bet every time you lose. Therefore, the reasoning goes, when you eventually win, you’ll recover all the money you’ve previously lost along with some profit off the original bet. However, this is one of those systems that need US players to have a very large bankroll.
- Paroli System: this is known as a positive progression system where you double your bet after every win (vs. doubling when you lose). It’s easy to learn and simple to use. US players double their bets if they win until they achieve three consecutive wins.
Best Tips to Win at Roulette Online
Here are some top tips for online roulette USA players to improve your chances of winning. These will help you with having the best experience playing this internet casino game.
- Don’t bet more than your bankroll can handle. Smart money management will keep you playing longer. The golden rule here is that you shouldn’t spend more than 10% of your bankroll on a bet.
- Try going for the European and French roulette option if it’s available. This one has the lowest house edge and increased odds of winning because it doesn’t have the additional double-zero pocket.
- Learn the table layout and where the bets are placed. If you’re unfamiliar with them, play free online roulette to learn without losing any money.
- Avoid certain roulette strategies like the Martingale system which require players to chase their losses. You’ll end up losing more money at the end of the day.
Online Roulette FAQs
Yes, playing roulette online is legal in the USA. American players can play at both offshore real money casino sites and online casinos in the United States that are certified to offer the gambling option.
Yes, roulette has several strategies that work. While they may help you increase your odds of winning, a win isn’t guaranteed.
The safest roulette bet is an even money bet such as odd/even, red/black, 1-18, or 19-36. There is also the Fibonacci system, one of the safest strategies players can use to win real money.
The best roulette bet is placing the roulette chips on red or black. Despite having low payout odds, you generally make a safe bet where the odds of winnings are split between 18 numbers.
You play the same way as you play for real money, i.e., bet on one or more numbers. The only difference is that you are not at risk of losing money or losing. Playing free allows you to familiarize yourself with the game and develop winning strategies before playing for real money.
Firstly, you must practice playing the game. This can be done by playing free online roulette. Try out different strategies and roulette bets until you find one that you’re comfortable with. Then, when you’re ready, switch to real money online roulette mode to start winning some US$.
No, online roulette is not rigged. Licenses and regulated casino sites are consistently audited and their games are tested for fairness. They also make use of random number generators (RNG) to run virtual online roulette games for money. This makes sure that the outcomes are completely randomized.
You’ll need a computer or mobile device and a stable internet connection. If you’re planning on playing for real money, then you’ll need to select a deposit method so you can put money into your casino account.
Yes, you can play online roulette for real money. We recommend the best gambling sites that you can choose to sign up for and start playing roulette online right now.
You can bet up to 24 numbers on some of the roulette variations. Some games can even allow you to bet between 6 to 12 numbers.
Check out our guides on other casino games: