Skip to main content

Common Blackjack Myths Exposed

Blackjack MythsSince blackjack is a game of skill and luck, many people tend to have misconceptions and myths about it. Some players believe the blackjack myths to be true, and this can hinder them in being able to the game properly.

If you want to win this game, you need to know what is true and what is a myth. In this guide, we share with you the most common blackjack myths and debunk them.

Casinos to Play Blackjack

#1

$5000 Bonus

98% Payout

Rating: 4.9/5

99% Payout

$5000 Bonus 98% Payout - Rating: 4.9/5
#2

$2500 Bonus

99% Payout

Rating: 4.5/5

99% Payout

$5000 Bonus 99% Payout - Rating: 4.5/5
#3

$5000 Bonus

97% Payout

Rating: 5/5

98% Payout

$5000 BONUS 97% Payout - Rating: 5/5
#4

$5500 Bonus

97% Payout

Rating: 4.7/5

98% Payout

$2000 BONUS 97% Payout - Rating: 4.7/5
#5

350% Bonus

99% Payout

Rating: 4.5/5

98% Payout

$5000 Bonus 99% Payout - Rating: 4.5/5
#6

$5000 Bonus

97% Payout

Rating: 4.1/5

98.14% Payout

$5000 BONUS 98.14% Payout - Rating: 4.2/5
#7

$3000 Bonus

98% Payout

Rating: 4.6/5

98% Payout

$7777 Bonus 98% Payout - Rating: 4.6/5
#8

$2550 Bonus

97% Payout

Rating: 4.7/5

97% Payout

$3000 BONUS 97% Payout - Rating: 4.7/5
#9

$6000 Bonus

97% Payout

Rating: 5/5

97% Payout

$3000 BONUS 97% Payout - Rating: 5/5
#10

$3000 Bonus

98% Payout

Rating: 4.9/5

99% Payout

$3000 Bonus 98% Payout - Rating: 4.9/5

Getting as Close as Possible to 21

Myth: the main objective of blackjack is to get as close as possible to 21. This is part of the rules of playing blackjack, but it is not the objective of the game. In most cases, if you try to get closer to 21, you will bust.

Truth: the real objective is to beat the dealer. You will beat the dealer by having a higher hand value. The other option is not to bust before the dealer has.

Blackjack has a Low House Edge

Myth: most players believe the house edge for blackjack to be 0.5%. However, this is not the case with most of the blackjack games.

Truth: you need to find a game that has favorable rules and use a good strategy to help reduce the house edge. So, to get that 0.5% house edge, you need to use the right blackjack strategy.

Have Good Math Skills

Myth: since blackjack is a game of skill, some players think that you need to have good math skills to win.

Truth: there is no need to have good math skills to win blackjack. If you understand the rules and use the basic strategy, you improve your chances of winning.

Common Blackjack Myths

Card Counting is Not Legal

Myth: many players believe that card counting is illegal. However, many casinos don’t accept this as fair gaming. So, should you get caught counting cards, the casino will ban you from ever playing at their venue.

Truth: card counting is not illegal. It is a technique that you can use when playing blackjack at land-based casinos. You won’t be able to use it at online casinos because before cards are dealt, they are shuffled. When using this technique, make sure not to get caught.

Due for a Win after Losing Consecutively

Myth: some players believe that if you have many consecutive losses, then you are due for a win. They also believe that you should increase your bets for a high payout.

Truth: you have a 48% winning probability with every hand you play in blackjack. Which means that there is no way to guarantee that after many losses you will get a winning hand.

Assuming the Dealer Always has a Card of 10 in the Hole

Myth: players believe that the dealer always has a ten-valued card in the hole. So, they use the basic strategy with that in mind, but it doesn’t lead to a good outcome.

Truth: there is a 30% chance that a  card with the value of 10 is the hole card, which means that there is a 70% chance it can be another card. So, your best option is using basic strategy.

Blackjack Myths: Conclusion

Always fact check the information you get about casino games. You can always play free blackjack online to understand the game better. If you want a better chance at winning blackjack, use the basic strategy.

Other Recommended Blackajck guides:

Last Updated :