Understanding how to play blackjack is easy if you follow the rules of the game. If you have played the card game 21 then playing online blackjack will be a breeze for you. This is because how to play blackjack in a Vegas casino is how you play at an online blackjack casino.
The game simply revolves around the choices you make after you get a pair of cards dealt to you. Each player gets two cards that are both exposed. The dealer gets a pair of cards but only one of his is exposed. That is where the whole excitement of the game is. You need to strategically bet on how you think your hand of cards will fair against the dealer’s hand.
Ind addition to placing bets there are some plays you can make. You may request more cards split and multiply your hands or stand and stick to the hand you were dealt. Those plays are what we will explain in detail. We have also put together a list of the top casino sites with online blackjack games for real money. Once you have understood how to play blackjack at a casino online you can try out one of the casino sites below.
Play Blackjack Online for Real Money
How to Play Blackjack in a Casino
How to play blackjack in a casino is similar on and offline. It is a fun fast-paced game chance but which allows players to use strategy and skill in order tow in real money. Unlike other casino card games such as poker, how to play blackjack and win is really down to you and the strategy you use. If you want to know how to play blackjack for beginners,
it is vital to understand that blackjack 21 is not a gem against other players. The whole point is to be as close to 21 without going bust, that is over 21. The bets you make are a wager on whether the hand you have is better than the dealer’s based off his single exposed card. In essence, how to play blackjack is basically a show down between you and the dealer.
How Do You Play Blackjack Online?
Playing Blackjack online is easier than you think. After you sign in and choose your wager amount then the game begins. There are five easy steps which we have outlined below
- Step 1: Place a bet amount. Make sure you manage your wagers well to make provisions for any further bets you may want to make later should you split your hand.
- Step 2: The cards are dealt and you, the player get your two cards which make your complete blackjack hand. Both the player’s cards are dealt face up visible to your table and the dealer.
- Step 3: Make a Play. If there are multiple players, the player to the left of the dealer plays first.
- Step 4: The game goes around the table and each player must either hit, stand, split or double down.
- Step 5: If a player asks for a hit and bust, their game is over immediately and they lose.
How to Win at Blackjack
The key to acing how to play blackjack and win also lies in how well you understand the game. And to understand the game you must understand how to bet in blackjack. The bets used in online and land-based casinos are similar to online blackjack bets. The main blackjack game plays or bets you need to know when you play blackjack 21 or any other version are stand, hit, split and double down.
- Hit – a hit is a request for an additional card, do this if your hand totals are not likely to go bust, i.e. to go over the value of 21
- Stand – this is basically a player declaring that they are satisfied with the hand they have. In this instance, the player just waits until the dealer reveals his hand to see whether they have won or lost.
- Split – This is a way of minimising risk or giving better chances of winning. When you split you separate your pair of cards and ask for additional cards for each to make two hands with unique bets.
- Double down- If you have a high-value hand and you are confident that you will beat the dealer you have the option to double the bet you had placed before the cards were dealt. This excludes a blackjack.
More Blackjack Guides
Check out our other how to play guides:
- How to Play Keno
- How to Play Roulette
- Poker Guide How to Play
- How to Play Scratch Cards
- How to Play Video Poker