US players who are eager to learn how to play roulette have come to the right place. The roulette wheel is the most memorizing casino games that can be played online or at brick and mortar casino. Roulette rules follow the same gameplay online as they do at a land-based casino. Roulette is a game of chance which is also an easy game to play. When played at fair, safe and regulated US casinos, roulette is a profitable casino game.
Apart from learning how to play roulette online and win is to understand how the game works, what the house edge is, what are the different bets and strategies. With this in mind, many players find the roulette table intimidating because of all the bets. Players should not shy away from the game because of this. Our team of experts have come together to create a “how to play roulette online” guide players can use to learn all the bets and improve their chances of winning.
Playing web-based roulette is relatively easy. Playing at a regulated roulette site will guarantee players great results. The aim of the game is to predict where the ball will land. Should the player guess correctly they win. A part of learning how to play roulette online is knowing what is needed to play the game. Roulette is played using a small marble-like ball, a wheel with numbers 0-36 and a table labeled with all the different bets. Learn how to play roulette using this five easy to follow steps.
- Place your bet by placing your wager on any of the bets on the table.
- The dealer will throw the ball into the spinning wheel.
- An announcement will be made by the dealer that no more bets can be made. The announcement will happen while the wheel is spinning.
- After the announcement is made, the player will not be allowed to make any more bets
- The results of each game will be determined by the number or color the ball lands on. Should the ball land on the number or color you bet on you will win the Bet.
The different bets are an essential aspect of learning how to play roulette wheel. The two types of bets that can be found in roulette are inside bets and outside bets. Each real money roulette table has a minimum required Bet. In this case, minimum bets work differently for inside and outside bets. Players are also not limited to the set bets we have explained below. There are a few bet combinations players can wager on.
Types of Inside Bets
Inside bets are bets made on one or more than one number. The inside bets include:
- Straight Bet: Players betting on a specific number on the table will place a chip on the number.
- Split Bet: When placing a bet on two numbers that are across from each other, the player will place the chip in the line that separates the numbers.
- Street Bet: Choosing to bet on three numbers in the same row. The chip will be placed at the end of the row.
- Corner Bet: Players can place bets on four numbers by placing the chip at the corner that connects all four numbers
- Five Number Bet: The American wheel bet is played by betting on numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. To place the Bet simply place the chip on the corner of the line that separates the 0, 00 and numbers 1,2 and 3
- Six Number Bet: Choosing to bet on six numbers by placing the chip at the border of the six numbers.
Types of Outside Bets
Outside proposition bets are bets made on multiple numbers, colors, even-odd numbers, and columns. The bets are preferred by novice players as there not as risky as inside bets.
- Red or Black Bet: The colors bet is the easiest in roulette simply need to bet on the color they think the ball will land on.
- Odd or Even Bet: players will place their chips on the even or odd box on the table to indicate their prediction that the ball will land on an even or odd number.
- High or Low Bet: There are two boxes on the table one with low number 1-18 and the other with high numbers 19-36. Placing a bet on the low number means you predict the ball will land on any number between 1 and 18. A high number bet means you predict the ball will land on any number between 19 and 36.
- Column Bet: Players can place Bet on one of three columns. Place the chips in the block labeling the column.
- Dozens Bet: Roulette tables are divided into three dozens. The dozens of numbers are not consecutive and are simply how the table has been laid out. The player can place bets on the first dozen, second dozen or third dozen.
The American wheel features numbers 0 and 00 and often changes dynamics in some of the bets. For instance, in the column bet 0 and 00 are not a part of the Bet. in the dozens and high or low bet players will lose the bet soul the ball land on 0 or 00. Another key point to remember is that in the odd-even bet should the ball land on 0 or 00 the house will win.
Now that you have gone through the different bets, it is essential to understand how the house edge works. Each roulette wheel has its house edge. Players need to be able to translate the edge into real money. For instance, if the house edge is 2.63%, out of $100, the player stands to lose $2,63. There are 38 numbers on the American wheel. The casino pays back 35 to 1 for a winning bet. The house edge for the American wheel ranges from 2.63% to 7.79%. For the most part, the most common edge is 5.26. Contrarily the European wheel only has one 0 making the wheel the most popular and most preferred wheel. Casinos also payback 35 to 1 for each win, and the house edge is generally 2.70.
Understanding how the house edge works will help players with choosing a strategy that they can use to improve their chances to win. Roulette is a game of chance, and although the strategy will not guarantee a win every single time, they can be used to improve the player’s chance of winning. There are several strategies that players can use, such as the James Bond strategy, Martingale system, the parole system, and many others.
Like with many other casino games, a part of learning how to play roulette is to set top tips that you can use to improve your chance of winning. Here are the top 5 tips players can use to play roulette
- Manage your bankroll.
- Play using a strategy.
- Stay in control of the game.
- Practice before making real money bets
- Remember to have fun.
Check out our other how to play guides:
- How to Play Blackjack
- How to Play Keno
- Best Way to Play Poker
- How to Play Scratch Card
- How to Play Video Poker