There are many US players who seek to learn how to play keno. In this gambling game, players are dealt cards with numbers ranging from 1 to 80. They are then made to pick a few, and if they match those drawn at a later stage, players win big cash prizes. There are two major reasons as to why the game appears to be so appealing. Firstly, it is very easy to learn how to play; secondly, games promise massive jackpot prizes that aren’t often seen in other games. However, the tradeoff to this is the fact that the high odds provide players with a very low chance of winning.
If all this interests you and you would like to learn how to play keno, we have created the ultimate guide to getting started with this all-time favorite online casino game. Below we provide players with an easy to follow step-by-step game guide, tips, strategies, and answers to frequently asked questions about the game. So, read on and begin playing keno online for real money today!
|Online casino||Our Rating||Payout||Bonus|
How to Play Keno Online Like A Pro – Step-by-Step Guide
Keno online is probably one of the easiest games to learn how to play. All you have to do is follow the steps listed below and you’ll be good to start playing in no time.
- Step 1 – Buy a Keno Card – the first rule of keno is to get yourself a keno card. These are games with a lot of numbers listed (usually 1 to 80).
- Step 2 – Select Your Numbers – players select numbers according to the stipulated keno rules. This could be anything from one to 20 numbers depending on the variation of the game. As often seen with lotteries, some games even have a quick pick option that allows players to quickly select their numbers with the aid of a random number generator.
- Step 3 – Place Your Bet – players now need to decide how much they would like to bet on a game of keno and how many games they would like to play. Depending on the variation, players can bet anything from US$1 to US$20 on a single game.
- Step 4 – Get Your Ticket Verified – this is only really applicable if you are playing keno in a brick-and-mortar environment. Basically, players need to pay for their ticket and a ticket copy will be given to you so that you can mark off numbers.
- Step 5 – Watch the Draw – keno numbers are randomly drawn through the use of a random number generator. If you are playing at an online casino, numbers are marked off a ticket automatically.
- Step 6 – Collect Your Winnings – if you are lucky enough to have matched some numbers, collect your winnings and play again!
Best Way to Play Keno
There are a few types of keno bets that can be made in any given game. We have highlighted and discussed these bets down below:
- Straight – a ticket that is going to be used as a single wager is known as a single ticket. Players can use many different strategies when playing with such tickets with the “way ticket” being one of the most popular. Here players bet different groups of numbers on the same card so as to increase their chances of winning in the same game.
- King – this is a single number selected on every single ticket you play, thereafter referred to as the King number. If you are making way bets, the King number will appear in every single combination.
- Combination – the player selects a load of different combinations and plays a lot of different combinations with them. For example, if you have four numbers you would like to bet, you could do them all in two, three and four number groupings on the same ticket.
Best Keno Tips and Tricks for American Gamblers
There are a few keno tips and tricks every US gambler needs to keep in mind when playing keno. While these suggestions may not increase your odds of winning, you may increase your game time by hours. So, be sure to have a good look at our tips below:
- Set a Budget – whenever you gamble, you should set a budgeted amount of money you would like to spend. Once you have reached that limit, you should stop gambling. Do not increase your bankroll as this could lead you to losing money you cannot afford to lose.
- Don’t Gamble Under the Influence – this is more applicable to brick-and-mortar casinos where free drinks are offered at game tables at times. While everybody loves a free drink, gambling under the influence could lead to horrendous decisions you regret later.
- Have Fun – remember the whole point of gambling should be to have fun. Don’t overthink picking numbers. If you want to go for birthdays, do it (although we will remind you that the highest number in a month is 31). If you find that you are not having fun, stop playing as it defeats the purpose of it all.
- Study the Rules of a Game – once you have selected the game you would like to play, make sure to read up on the rules. Not all keno games require players to select the same number of numbers nor do they all have the same paytables. An informed bettor is one that is more likely to take home money at the end of a gaming session.
Popular Keno Strategies
Even though keno, much like bingo, is a completely random game with very little strategy that can be employed to change outcomes, there are a few things you can do to better your chances. Some such good practices include the following:
- Pay Attention to Paytables – there are loads of Keno games available online, at brick-and-mortar casinos and run as state lotteries. Each of these games follow a different paytable. You want to play the games with the best payouts for the bets you would like to make. For example, one keno game may offer a 10 to 1 payout for matching two numbers whereas another game may only offer a 5 to 1 payout.
- Don’t Give Into Gambler’s Fallacy – always remember that results are random and that the appearance of an outcome in multiple games does not mean that it will happen again. Players tend to spend a lot of money-making bets on outcomes they think will happen based what has happened in a previous round but this is erroneous and superstitious thinking.
How to Play Keno FAQs USA
How do you win at keno?
There is no foolproof strategy for winning Keno. Out of all the casino games out there, it has got to be one that is based on randomness the most. The only real strategy we recommend using is checking paytable to ensure that you are earning the most you can win when you’re lucky enough to hit a winning combination.
What are the best numbers to play in keno?
There is a theory that there are hot numbers in keno. Hot numbers are those more likely to come up when playing the game. Stats pulled from a number of different keno games around the world seem to suggest that numbers such as 1, 4, 23, 34 and 72 are numbers most likely to come up.
Is there a pattern to keno?
Theoretically, every random number generator works on a pattern that can be worked out when playing loads of games. The problem here is that a player will often need to play thousands of games in order to become aware of these patterns, which isn’t exactly viable. This is why some players search for hot numbers to build their keno cards.
What are the odds of winning keno?
Well, this is really dependent on the game and how many numbers a player is required to select, in addition to how many are featured on the card. Mathematically, the probabilities of winning often reach numbers that can’t be displayed on simple calculators.
How many combinations are there in keno?
Again, this depends on the number of balls featured on the card and how many are being drawn for a particular game. It is suggested that in a game that features 80 numbers on the card that are drawn 10 at a time, there are 1.6 trillion combinations.
Is it safe to play keno online?
Yes, it is safe to play Keno online. Just make sure that you play at one of our recommended casino sites. You are sure to have a fun time playing at our sites that feature a whole lot more than just keno.
Check out our other online keno games:
Check out our other how to play guides:
- How to Play Blackjack
- How to Play Poker
- Best Way to Play Roulette
- How to Play Scratch Card
- How to Play Video Poker